Friday, October 3, 2008

Introducing Lindsay

Hi, I'm Lindsay Townsend. Since this is my first post to SRNWrites, I'll tell you a bit about myself. I'm English, living in Yorkshire with a husband and a degree in history. I write medieval romance and ancient world romance mostly, though when I first started I wrote modern romantic suspense.

Currently I have two publishers. Kensington Zebra do my medievals, which are all set in England so far - A Knight's Vow, which came out in the spring, A Knight's Captive, which appears next spring, and two more to follow. Bookstrand have taken some ancient world books - Flavia's Secret, set in Roman Britain, is the first to appear - and a revised version of a short romantic suspense book, A Secret Treasure, set on the Greek island of Rhodes in the 1930s.

Details of my books are on my own blog at http://lindsaysbookchat.blogspot.com, if you'd like to visit sometime.

Although I'm a romantic at heart, I'm also keen to create as realistic a feel of the history as I can, which keeps my characters grounded. I'm also no fan of the lantern-jawed, self-obsessed alpha male, so my knights, centurions or what-have-you all have quirks and weaknesses. My heroines tend to be gentle but determined and good in a crisis. The one I'm writing right now, however - for the third knight book - is fairly spiky and I'm enjoying writing her because of the humour in the relationship between her and the hero - I'm not giving anything else away just yet!

4 comments:

Judith Leger said...

Wow, Lindsay, your books look great. I'm going to have to go check them out. Thanks for posting and wishing you the very best!

Lindsay Townsend said...

Thanks very much, Judith! I hope you enjoy them. I'll enjoy posting to the SRN blog and being part of the group. Good luck!

Diana Castilleja said...

Nice to have you here Lindsay! Thanks for sharing some of your writing and books. They sound great!

Lindsay Townsend said...

Thanks Diana, I am very happy to be here and proud to be part of this super group! The articles and features are all so interesting and the book covers and blurbs and excerpts so intriguing that I'm adding very happily to my to-be-read pile. And I agree with stopping the clock and calender for a while!
Thanks again and best wishes to all.

 

©2008 Sweeter Romantic Notions - All Rights Reserved.

Blogger template modified by: KatieDid Design