Friday, August 14, 2009

The Owl Ate My Homework

My Scotch terrier is the master of his domain. No bunny crosses the patio without being barked at. No cat or bird escapes the same fate.

Last night, he jumped against the arcadia door and shadow boxed with even more enthusiasm (and higher volume) than usual.

When I looked out, there was an owl sitting on the patio! I've never seen an owl anywhere other than in a tree, so assume this one must have been heat-stressed.

The owl disappeared about an hour later, but there wasn't a lot of work getting accomplished in the meantime.

There HAS to be a story in there somewhere; doesn't there?

May the Muse be kind!!

Susanne Rose

http://www.wow-womenonwriting.com/28-How2-SellPersonalStories.html

"Adjusting Entries," coming soon in: http://www.lldreamspell.com/RomanceofmyDreams.html

3 comments:

Maggie Toussaint said...

I love the line "the owl ate my homework." You definitely should use that one in a book!

Enjoyed reading your post, Susanne.

Unknown said...

How kewl is that. I'm sure there's a superstition about an owl at your doorstep. Hope you got a picture!

Susanne said...

Thanks, Maggie!

Adelle - I was too busy trying to hush a certain stubborn Scottie before the neighbors complained to the police to even think about snapping a picture!

 

©2008 Sweeter Romantic Notions - All Rights Reserved.

Blogger template modified by: KatieDid Design