Thursday, February 5, 2009

Time & Money

The only thing as precious as time in the author's life is money to pay the bills.

In this tight economy, more and more publishers delay payment or don't bother to pay at all. Prices go up so much between weekly trips to the grocery store that clipping coupons and making big pots of bean soup doesn't help much. I shudder to open the utility bills even though I keep the thermostat too cool in winter and too hot in summer.

And then there are the "surprises" like spending over $200 to fix the refrigerator yesterday and a vet bill that will top $400 later today.

Wish I could wave a magic wand so I could earn money as quickly as I spend it and collect what's owed me as quickly as I'm expected to pay my bills.

May the Muse be kind!!

Susanne Rose

http://tinyurl.com/2wlc43 "Lucki In Love," a Wild Rose Press Champagne Rosette

http://tinyurl.com/33ndbl "The Christmas Promise," a Wild Rose Press Champagne RosetteKeep the spirit of the holidays going strong and take advantage of this bonus offer: Just send an e-mail to the author: Susannerose@wildrosepublishing.com) with “The Christmas Promise” in the Subject Line. You’ll have to read the story first so you can identify the secret recipe when you send your e-mail. Santa will send you a copy of the secret recipe.

http://tinyurl.com/3d2gsc "Forever Love," a Wild Rose Press Champagne Rosette

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think we're all feeling the pinch, but not to be paid by a pub is just wrong on many levels. I raise my coffee cup to better times ahead.

Susanne said...

Thanks, Adelle!

 

©2008 Sweeter Romantic Notions - All Rights Reserved.

Blogger template modified by: KatieDid Design